Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Creation of Recovery Catalog and Catalog.log file
Creation of Recovery Catalog and Catalog.log file [message #52546] Mon, 29 July 2002 09:44 Go to next message
Matthew Vestervelt
I am having problems getting recovery manager to register my target database. I need to see if the creation of the recovery catalog is sucessful in the catalog.log file.

I have tried in Recovery Manager to input LOG=catalog.log (for Oracle 8i) and this is of no help. I am running WIN2000 on a laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated.

One other note: After recovery catalog is created I get a screen message saying catalog is created sucessfully, but I would prefer to see the entire creation messages in the catalog.log file.

Thanks
Re: Creation of Recovery Catalog and Catalog.log file [message #52573 is a reply to message #52546] Tue, 30 July 2002 07:23 Go to previous message
ctg
when you create the recovery catalog, you are only logged into you recovery catalog database. Now you need to connect to the target database as well

C: rman catalog user/pwd@db log=catalog.log
create catalog;
connect target user/pwd@db
register database;
report schema;
exit;
C:
Previous Topic: Access rights to the Dictionary by non-DBA users (Part II)
Next Topic: oracle data block corrupted
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:17:59 CDT 2024